Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works of the Republic of Bulgaria (Managing Authority)
in cooperation with
Government of the Republic of Serbia European Integration Office – SEIO (National Authority)
Announce on the 17.08.2015 the First Call for project proposals under the Interreg-IPA Cross-border Cooperation Bulgaria-Serbia Programme, with aim to improve the cross-border cooperation between Bulgaria and Serbia. The Programme is co-financed from the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance II (IPA II) of the European Union.
The overall objective of the Programme is to stimulate the balanced and sustainable development of the Bulgaria-Serbia border region integrated in the European space – achieved through smart economic growth, environmental change adaptation and learning culture enhancement.
The total amount allocated to the First Call for proposals is € 12,687,304.24.
Project proposals would have to target one of the following Priority Axes and specific objectives under the Programme:
- Priority Axis 1: Sustainable Tourism
- Specific objective 1.1: Tourist Attractiveness;
- Specific objective 1.2: Cross-Border Touristic Product;
- Specific objective 1.3: People-To-People Networking.
- Priority Axis 2: Youth
- Specific objective 2.1: Skills & Entrepreneurship;
- Specific objective 2.2: People-To-People Networking.
- Priority Axis 3: Environment
- Specific objective 3.1: Joint Risk Management;
- Specific objective 3.2: Nature Protection.
The key objective of the Programme is to raise the capacity of the local and regional authorities in the development and implementation of joint projects in the eligible cross-border region, defined in the Programme as follows:
- For Bulgaria (administrative level NUTS III) – districts of Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Sofia, Pernik and Kyustendil;
- For Serbia (administrative level, NUTS III equivalent) – districts of Bor, Zajecar, Toplica, Nisava, Pirot, Jablanica and Pcinja.
The full package of documents, including the Guidelines for Applicants is published and can be found on the following websites:
The deadline for submission of project proposals is January 18th 2016, 16:00 h. local time in Bulgaria, at the following address:
Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works of Bulgaria
17-19 “Sv. Sv. Kiril and Metodiy” Str., hall 1.2
A campaign for information and support of applicants is going to be organized in the upcoming months in the Republic of Bulgaria and the Republic of Serbia. The dates and venues of the information events are going to be announced soon on the web site of the Programme.
You can contact the Joint Secretariat of the Programme for additional information:
- Main office in Sofia: tel. +359 2 9405 361, +359 2 9405 337;
- Branch office in Nis: tel. +381 18 513 224.
2 - AF_2014_2020_v4_RS.xlsm (8.31 MB)
3 - Annexes.rar (1.55 MB)
4 - Annex C Subsidy contract.docx (386.87 KB)
5 - Strategic documents - 14.08.2015.pdf (589.25 KB)
6 - Questions and Answers as of 19.10.2015 (960.63 KB)